10/5/12

Last Post

Dear Pirates Nation,

I've been thinking of closing up shop here at newpiratesfan for some time now, and after reading this post from Pat, I knew it was my time.  The few readers I have probably know that's I've been losing the "blogger mojo" for some time now (if I ever really had it).  In January, I began a new career as a stay at home father, and am finding less and less time to write about baseball as I'm discovering I need more and more time to do more productive things.  Rest assured, this has nothing to do with the Pirates collapse this season.  I had always planned on making Win #82 and the subsequent breaking of the streak my final post.  The thinking was this "newpiratesfan" is done, and now just a Pirates Fan. That still holds true, despite the record.  In fact, it's actually probably more appropriate now with the streak continuing.  After two late summer collapses, I've started to feel what it must really feel like to be a Pirates Fan, eerily reminiscent of my Red Sox fandom days.  (As an aside, I keep thinking that the Bucs collapse this year feels a whole lot like the Red Sox in 2003, when Aaron Bleeping Boone crushed our spirits by crushing a Tim Wakefield knuckleball.  2013 will be the year that The Pirates overcome, with our own Dave Roberts Moment). I have now been a fan for 25% of the streak.  It's amazing to think that I've been doing this haphazardly for 5 seasons now, long enough to drop the "new" qualifier, and the blog with it.  The ultimate goal of this blog way back in 2008 was to recapture my love for the game.  Mission accomplished!

I'm not giving up on the Bucs, and neither should you! 

Those of you still interested in following me in other endeavors, I have been trying to chronicle my new career at http://stayathomepa.wordpress.com/ but again, blogging just isn't my cup of tea.  The more appropriate web venue for me right now is my tumblr, http://tf-oto.tumblr.com/ where I'm going to try and post photography, sport and parenting.  You can also find me tweeting @tonyframpton, but I don't always follow back as perhaps I should.  But I do have a Pirates Nation List that I check quite often.

It's been a great ride Pirates Nation, and a heartfelt thanks to those who supported me.
-Tony 

BEAT EM, BUCS!!!

No comments: